En route for Sustainability through fostering three focal pillars, such as environmental, social and economic sectors, New World Print has committed a wide-range of effective economic and green strategies to improve our sustainability goals. So as to integrate the core sustainability elements in the New World printing operations, the effective green initiatives and practices are introduced and lunched in a cost effective manner.
Having applied the sustainable practices, we are also proud of getting on the route of clean, green and eco-friendly processes and products.
- Adopting "think before you print" policy and encourage electronic communication as much as possible.
- Use of double-sided printing on printers.
- Use of Forest Steward Council (FSC) certified paper and Sustainable Forest Initiative (SFI) paper.
- Use of International Energy Star Xerox printer and copier machine, and Panasonic printer to save the energy consumption.
- Use of Roland DG's environmentally conscious design.
- Installing and upgrading complex air venting extraction equipment.
- Use of Water based ink and UV ink onto uncoated rigid substrates to evade the emission of greenhouse gases and ozone.
Recycling and Reuse
- Paper, vinyl, canvas, fabrics, aluminum, metal, wood, cardboard and plastics are recycled.
- Extracted chemicals from the washing solvent are reprocessed and reused.
- The filtered and purified water from the Screen Washer is reused.
- Leftover inks in the inkjet are collected and reused.
- Use of PHOTO-TEX, a fabric media with repositionable adhesive that can be easily removed and reused with no residual adhesive clean up.
- Use of biodegradable vinyl that is suitable for single or double sided digitally printed signs or banners.
- The digital apparatus used in the processes complies with Canadian ICES-003 — Information Technology Equipment (ITE) — Limits and methods of measurement.